How to Pack Cabin Baggage
Students attending university are busy preparing for Air Travel. Here’s some tips to pack your cabin baggage ( carryon bag) – one you take with you in the flight. Students traveling for the first time didn’t know the difference between Check-in baggage, Carry On baggage.
How to Pack Cabin Bag
Airlines allow 8 yo 10 kgs as carry on cabin baggage for international travel. Care should be taken while packing cabin bags. There are few reasons for that:
- Airline could misplace your checked luggage.
- Checked baggage will be available for you only after you clear immigration.
Things to be packed in Carry On Baggage
- Original important immigration documents (I-20, Admission letter, air tickets, passport, ..)
- Travelers checks, Demand draft, cash…
- Prescription medications in original, labeled containers to avoid Security questions.
- One or two pairs of clothing
- Small sizes of toiletry items.
- Extra eye glasses
- A change of underclothes
- A sweater or a jacket in case you encounter inclement weather on landing
- Light weight towel
- Your valuables, such as jewelry and electronics are safe in your carry-on.
- Copies of your photo (passport size)
- Enlisted steps to be followed in case of emergency
- Address and phone numbers of people whom you can contact in the US in case you need any help on landing
- Address and phone number of the place where you will stay. If address is not known, you can give International Office Address.
- Address and phone numbers of friends, relatives in India
- Couple of pens to write
If you are travelling in flight for first time, it will be very good experience. Alos, fact that you are travelling for first time in flight going to U.S. or Europe makes the event more special. Stay safe and enjoy your trip. If you have any thoughts and comments, write a comment below.